Getting your house ready to put on the market could cost you an average of $13,500 – $29,000! That could be your entire real estate commission paid to your broker. Plus, you’re still out all that time it took getting ready, staging it and keeping it clean for showings!
Below are the top 9 expenses your faced with when putting your house on the market:
1. Improving Curb Appeal
From removing dead trees, fixing sprinklers, pulling weeds, planting flowers, your costs can be between $200-$500
2. Pay for inspection $300-$500
3. De-Clutter $500$1,000
If you’ve lived in the home for years, there’s bound to be a lot of things you would rather not move, not to mention the time and money it will take to dispose of them. Paying for a dumpster is on average of $300.
4. Steam Clean or Replace Carpets / Wood Floors $350-$3000
5. Update or Replace Electrical $200
6. Kitchen or Bath Remodel or Makeover $5000 – $10,000
7. Fix or Replace Roof $7,000 – $9,000
8. Paint Walls or Take Down Wallpaper $500 – $1,000
9. Foundation Issues? Most Homeowners Pay At Least $4,000 in Foundation Repairs
The average bill to prepare your house to go on the market is $13,000 – $28,000! That’s approximately your entire real estate commission paid! Plus, think about how much time it takes to schedule the work to be done or do it your self!
If your house is in need of serious repairs give us a call at Colorado House Buyers. We buy distressed homes in CASH and close on your timeline! You won’t pay real estate commissions or closing costs. There’s no need to get appraisals and you can leave anything behind you don’t want to take!